Friday, May 6, 2011

RE: Kregel Publications

My eight year old daughter and I just finished reading Andi's Indian Summer by Susan K. Marlow and illustrated by Leslie Gammelgaard.  This is a series about a young living in the late 1800's and her adventures on Circle C ranch.  Andi books are geared toward 6-8 year olds.  My daughter found this book very exciting and entertaining.  We did it as a read aloud and she did not want to stop until I had finished the book.  Fortunately, I had the time to finish the book the day we decided to begin it.

What I liked about the book was that it presented suspense, adventure and the spiritual lesson that Andi's father had brought the gospel message to an Indian family living near by.  We are a very evangelistic family and it nice to have a story to further that message.

I think this is a great alternative or addition  to some of the other books on the market that are geared toward this age group.  I much preferred the message and content to something like Junie B. Jones or the Magic Treehouse.  Give these books consideration if you are looking for reading material for your 6-8 year old.  They are well written and provide illustrations that help keep the interest of a squirmy child.

The web sited for Kregel Publications ishttp://www.kregel.com/ME2/Default.asp.  Presently there are six books in this series and are reasonably price at $4.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment