Tuesday, July 13, 2010

RE: My Fathers World Adventures

At the local convention this year I purchased My Fathers World Adventures for my 2nd grade daughter.  Since we school year round I am now into my fourth week, and I dare say any honeymoon phase would have worn off by now. I am over the moon about this curriculum, it is hands down the best I have used in nearly nine years of home schooling.  I wish I had know about it to use with my older kids.

Previously, I used, mainly Sonlight, but changed out some of the books I did not care for.  MFW has a similar layout, but add notebooking, much heavier Bible, art, science, activities, less books, but more age appropriate, and you have MFW.

After much conversation at the booth I sprung for the whole shi-bang.  This is something I have never done before, typically I piece stuff together on the cheap.  What pushed me over the edge was being told that if my daughter does MFW from here forward, by the time she graduates she will have read the entire Bible four times.  No other curricula boasts such a claim, and I think this is most impressive.  Fortunately, it is not too late for the older kids, I can start with high school and they will get trough the Bible one time.

Thus far MFW has been fun, easy to implement, and she enjoys all of the reading selections, and those down the road look equally as good.   I am so pleased with this I have begun to gather books for next years Exploring Countries and Cultures, which I am toying with having the older two do this year.....we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment