Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RE: Kinetic Books

Recently, I have been pondering Algebra as I plan to get it underway this summer with my son.  While poking around on the Well Trained Mind Forum I came across a product I had never herd of, Kinetic Algebra.  The web site demo and downloaded the sample lesson, it looks impressive.  It is set up similar to the 3rd-7th versions of Teaching Textbooks where by all the lectures, problems, solutions and samples are on line.  The curriculum seems to be quite comprehensive, and I really like the immediate feedback aspect to problems solved.  At the price of $34.95, no printed book, or $54.95 with a printed book, one has to wonder if this is too good to be true, well I intend to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Julie,

    This sounds promising. Is $34.95 a subscription price (like for a month or a year or something) or a purchase price? Is it something you download and run from your computer, or do you connect to the Internet to use it?

    Looking forward to reading your impressions as you give this math a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of ways to go, you can get a one year subscription for slightly less or buy a disc that does not expire and can be used by multiple kids for slightly more. You do need an internet connection to use this product.

    ReplyDelete